Board index Archives Video Games What games are you excited for?

What games are you excited for?

For every child on XBox live.

Post Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:53 am
Symbooty User avatar
Founder

As games are constantly being released and made, this is an ageless topic. One that could just go on forever! I mean, who wouldn't wanna gush?

So, to start off, I'm excited for lots of things, but horror games always grab my attention! Two titles currently prevalent in my head are Dying Light, developed by Techland, and Daylight, a child of Zombie Studios.

Daylight is a randomly generated survival-horror, so every play through will be full of old and new scares alike!
http://www.playdaylight.com/

Dying Light is also a survival-horror featuring the undead. >Insert shock here.< But it's certainly bringing it's own new fun to the mix, freerunning! That's right. You get to Mirror's Edge your way through the of zombies while picking up survivors and scavenging for supplies to help the remaining human population.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlEO8Swxz-k

But that's just me! How about you guys?
"We humans are the greatest of earth's parasites."
Martin H. Fischer

Post Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:36 am
JWatch User avatar
Founder

Symbooty wrote:
Daylight is a randomly generated survival-horror, so every play through will be full of old and new scares alike!

I'm a sucker for procedural generation, so that looks incredibly interesting to me.

I'm not really excited about anything at the moment, but I do know that my brother has a copy of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and I'll be able to play that, eventually. It's installed directly on his 3DS, so I'll need to borrow it for that... but in the meantime, he can borrow mine for Mario & Luigi Dream Team, ha!

Post Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:09 am
wizpig64 Tech dude

Titanfall. Looks like the first shooter in a while to try something new. Bonus: It will run on the Source engine, which means it will perform well while still looking great. I just hope they allow custom maps.

JWatch wrote:
.... It's installed directly on his 3DS, so I'll need to borrow it for that... but in the meantime, he can borrow mine for Mario & Luigi Dream Team, ha!

Done with Zelda but I'd be willing to bet that Dream Team will take much longer to beat.

Post Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:38 pm

i found this... demo i guess? of an interesting physics engine meant for puzzle games.

-only ever really plays puzzle games-

Post Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:01 am
JWatch User avatar
Founder

I'm actually really excited for Starbound to get more developed. I played with version Angry Koala for a while, and even that by itself seems pretty solid. The only problem is that it tends to crash a lot, haha!

Post Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:09 am
vidigames4candy

Smash 4. I cannot wait to lose more friends to this wonderful series. :D

Post Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:21 am
JWatch User avatar
Founder

There was a lot of hype for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. I didn't bother picking it up, though, to the dismay of many of my friends. Do you guys think there's going to be a third installment to gen 6, or at least a sequel? If there's a remake, like they did with every generation before Black and White, I'm guaranteed to get one.

Post Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:22 am
Dicearm User avatar
Tech dude

I know that there's already plenty of hints at a Ruby/Sapphire remake; Apparnetly, there were half a million references in X/Y to Hoenn, with one NPC mentioning that "You'd see it soon". Granted, that's just a google search into rumors, but..Hey. They did it for Red/Green/Gold/Silver, so why not R/S, which were (and still are) {in my opinion} the best Pokemon games out there?
Reality is for those with no imagination.

Post Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:30 pm
Ashewell User avatar
Global Moderator

I wonder how they'd implement secret bases then? Since they only had a limited number of base locations and now we have all the world to play with. Back when you only had a few friends to play or a small group it was less likely you'd have a secret base on the same spot. If they remake with out that though, well i love secret bases. And the Trick House. And Mauville, and Mt.Chimney and Pretty much everything else~
"If there is anything more important than my ego on this ship I want it caught and shot right now, oh yea"
-Zaphod Bebblebrox

Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:23 am

The only obvious thing to do is add even MORE secret bases. And none with that stupid gap crap that required an item for you to buy during the sale event

Post Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:54 pm
Symbooty User avatar
Founder

Giant Monsters, Giant Robots, and Giant Weapons! What more could a gamer ask for?

"We humans are the greatest of earth's parasites."
Martin H. Fischer

Return to Video Games